Saturday, July 8, 2006

What Does It Profit a Man. . .

. . . to blog about being a father of eight, and neglect his kids in the process? Or to blog about his great marriage, which suffers because he spends so much time blogging?

(*sigh*)

Sorry, friends, but I've got to go.

My behavior vis-a-vis blogging has gotten to be too much like addictive - too compulsive, taking too much time from real, important things in my life. And so, I've got to go, to attend to the real demands of my real life. . .

I want to stress that this is my problem; nobody offended me, or upset me - you've all been wonderful. It's just that the Real World trumps Blogworld, and I was starting to lose track of that. . .

It's way more emotionally difficult for me to walk away from this than it ought to be; and that's probably a measure of things having gotten a bit out-of-whack.

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under Heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1) (Those of you more in tune with the pop culture might identify it with a song by the Byrds; OK, those of you Old Farts like me who were listening to pop tunes in the '60s)

". . . La, la, how the life goes on. . ."

(7 comments)

No comments: